Thieves in "Dungeon Keeper"-type game

Started by
11 comments, last by Karnot 16 years, 8 months ago
How about not getting any money back for selling tiles? Who's gonna buy them, anyway - the friendly Dungeon Keeper three counties over? IMHO, demolishing tiles should cost more than you can ever get back from the sale itself, so the cost shouldn't be negative like it is in DK.
Advertisement
One thing you could do is, once you treasure room is full then gold is automatically converterd into prestige items. These still count as gold but in gameplay terms they expensive looking objects placed around the dungeon. It could be a suit of armor place in hallway, a gold candle stick on a wall instead of a torch, etc.. Prestige items can be stolen by theives easily but they also are important for attacting minions. You could have it so that certain levels of prestige are required before you can access higher level minions, and options.

After all what kind of evil overlord doesn't have a few statues of themselves, or antique suits of armor in their fortress of doom?
Quote:One thing you could do is, once you treasure room is full then gold is automatically converterd into prestige items.

Oh, yeah, how did i miss THAT option...
Someone reading my design doc and offering me my own ideas is kinda funny, really. :)
Seriously, that just cracked me up. :)

I'm sorry if i am wrong about that. No offence, okay ?

Anyway, thanks for all who gave advice, i basically chose the "time-depended cost" variant. Now, if i could get enough people for rendering this plan into reality...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement