PhysX beginer

Started by
3 comments, last by Azzazelus_13 16 years, 7 months ago
Hy, i want to cook a .X file mesh in order to simulate phisics on it on my scene. I folow a beginer tutorial from a site and phisics worked for simple objects like sphere/cube etc.. Now..

LPD3DXMESH myMesh;	

NxTriangleMeshDesc bunnyDesc;

LPDIRECT3DVERTEXBUFFER9 pTempVertexBuffer;
	 myMesh->GetVertexBuffer(&pTempVertexBuffer);

Vertex *pVertices = NULL;
	 pTempVertexBuffer->Lock(0, 0, (void**)&pVertices, 0);

bunnyDesc.numVertices =         myMesh->GetNumVertices();  
 	 bunnyDesc.numTriangles =        myMesh->GetNumFaces();    
 	 bunnyDesc.pointStrideBytes =    myMesh->GetNumBytesPerVertex(); 
 	 bunnyDesc.triangleStrideBytes = 3*sizeof(float);
 	 bunnyDesc.points = pVertices;  //?
// 	 bunnyDesc.triangles =          //?
// 	 bunnyDesc.flags = 0;           //?

Do i need to clone the mesh to get vertices ? But about the triangles parameter ? And the rest of parameters. Are just the faces ? Please point me in the right direction..
Advertisement
there is no need to clone the verts, just itterate through them and take out what you need

vert *ver = NULL;
WORD* Indices;

numOfVerts = (float)mesh->GetNumVertices();
numOfFaces = (float)mesh->GetNumFaces();

mesh->LockVertexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONLY ,(void**)&ver);
mesh->LockIndexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONLY ,(LPVOID*)&Indices);
}

for(DWORD i = 0; i < numOfVerts; i++)
{

vertices.push_back(v.x );
vertices.push_back(v.y );
vertices.push_back(v.z);
}

all im doing here is adding the x,y,z component to a std:vector

edit:

and with the faces, there are 3 verts to a face, so you just obtain them like so

D3DXVECTOR3 *face;
for(DWORD i = 0; i < numOfFaces; i++)
{
face = new D3DXVECTOR3[3];

face[0] = ver[Indices[3*i+0]].pos;
face[1] = ver[Indices[3*i+1]].pos;
face[2] = ver[Indices[3*i+2]].pos;

faces.push_back(face);

}

this isnt physx specific by the way, i use this method for Newton physics engine
http://stowelly.co.uk/
Thanks
Well it seems would not work what i did with PhysX.
I cooked the mesh file, then i loaded it as an actor in the scene:

1. The mesh that is assigned to the actor doesn move at all in the physcs scene (mesh moves ok with other transformation from PhysX, like a cube for example, but not with my cooked data)

2.It seems i have an invisible actor in the scene but actually much larger than the mesh i cooked.
I dont understand why the mesh isnt moving at all. I mean it should at least move in a wrong way if the cooked data is not correct.

The code
D3DXLoadMeshFromX(L"C:\\bila.X",		D3DXMESH_SYSTEMMEM|D3DXMESH_32BIT,		D3DDevice,		NULL, 		NULL,		NULL,		NULL,		&myMesh);NxArray<NxVec3> vertices;NxArray<NxU32> indice;int numOfVerts;int numOfFaces;	 NxTriangleMeshDesc bunnyDesc;//number of faces and vertices	 numOfVerts = myMesh->GetNumVertices();	 numOfFaces = myMesh->GetNumFaces();//faces and vertices:	 D3DXVECTOR3 *ver = NULL;	 WORD* Indices;	 ver = new D3DXVECTOR3[numOfFaces];	 Indices = new WORD[numOfFaces];	 myMesh->LockVertexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONLY ,(void**)&ver);	 myMesh->LockIndexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONLY , (LPVOID*)&Indices);//      THE FUNCTION FOR D3DXVECTOR TO NXVECTOR3//      NxVec3 DXVec3_To_NxVec3(D3DXVECTOR3 DxVector) {//	 return NxVec3(DxVector.x, DxVector.y, DxVector.z);//                                                    } 	 for(DWORD i = 0; i < numOfVerts; i++)  	 {         vertices.push_back(DXVec3_To_NxVec3(ver)); 	 }	 for(DWORD i = 0; i < numOfFaces; i++) {		 indice.push_back(Indices); 	 }	 myMesh->UnlockVertexBuffer();    	 bunnyDesc.numVertices = vertices.size();     	 bunnyDesc.numTriangles = indice.size()/3;    	 bunnyDesc.pointStrideBytes = sizeof(NxVec3);	 bunnyDesc.triangleStrideBytes = 3*sizeof(NxU32);                  bunnyDesc.points = &vertices[0].x;      	 bunnyDesc.triangles = &indice[0];      	 bunnyDesc.flags = 0;        	 MemoryWriteBuffer buf;         gCooking->NxCookTriangleMesh(bunnyDesc, buf);NxTriangleMesh* terrainMesh = gScene->getPhysicsSDK().createTriangleMesh(MemoryReadBuffer(buf.data));		 NxTriangleMeshShapeDesc terrainMeshDesc;		 terrainMeshDesc.meshData = terrainMesh;		 NxActorDesc actorDesc;		 actorDesc.shapes.pushBack(&terrainMeshDesc);		 //a is an actor pointer                 a = gScene->createActor(actorDesc);

The mesh is ok, the physcs scene is ok too as far as I have other objects like spheres/cubes etc that works.
Later Edit:

I managed to get the cooked data but:
The colission is verry weird for my teapot model. It tryes to colide corecttly but some objects sometimes penetrate it without coliding. Also if Im making a cube it doesnt respond at all at phisics. It just fall thro wall.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/420/wtqs0.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement