What makes a good dating sims

Started by
20 comments, last by Tanweer 16 years, 5 months ago
I think the best dating sims are the ones that have a larger and hopefully more philosophical plot goal which runs parallel to the courtship goal. In Harvest Moon you rehabilitate a decrepit farm into a farming empire, and some editions of the game add a secondary element like saving the town from real estate developers. In Azure Dreams you likewise rehabilitate a decrepit town. In True Love you have to balance your monetary, academic, and athletic achievements. In both cases this includes subgoals of solving NPCs' psychological and other problems. Other dating sims have been based around solving a mystery, or the more typical hero plot of defeating a villain and/or invading army (FF7 was initially designed to be part dating-sim but most of the design was canceled in development).

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
You should put in emotions. If you want it to be realistic then you should watch some of the reality shows on MTV and see what happens in their and put that "drama" into your SIM. This can help your game by gaining the gamers interest.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement