how to anatomize a game with game clip?

Started by
4 comments, last by Wyrframe 16 years, 5 months ago
i have conceived one idea that whether the game can be antaomized into several parts,it is similar to the film clip, suppose u are a player, and u are eager to know a certain characteristic of the game, for example, the combat system,then u can choose the combat system and login into the game as a player using the game clip.there, u can fully enjoy solely the combat system in the game, the thing goes well with another system 2, for example, particle systems, u may only choose to enjoy the particle system in the game. then what's your advice on this special system? i have no idea on how to do with the anatomy. anyone who can help here are greatly appreciated. thx in advance. regards, bswc
Advertisement
I'm not exactly sure what you want. Are you thinking about a game that consists of multiple mini-games? Or a game that can be played in different modes, such as a puzzle mode, with no combat but puzzles instead, and a combat mode, that replaces the puzzles with combat? Or a game that consists of multiple levels or area's, where the player can choose which level to play?

Also, what do you mean with 'game clip'?
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.

the game usually is composed of several parts:combat system, skill system, quest system, particle system,and any other system 2.
what i want to do here is to extract a certain system from the game,and provide this tool to players, in this way, the player can know something before he dives into the game, suppose a player is eager to know the circumstance of the combat system in one game, then he can use this tool to know only the system that interests him.
Quote:Are you thinking about a game that consists of multiple mini-games?

yup but not mini-games, but several sub-systems in the game, the player can choose to play a certain sub-system as he wishes.
Quote:
what do you mean with 'game clip'?

game clip here is oh the name of the tool.
it quotes the idea from movie clip. something like that. it clips a certain part in the game, and make it independently, also integrate it into a tool,and provide the convenience to the player who is eager to know a certain system before starting to play the game completely.
i am awfully sorry for my bad english. :(
i tried to make myself understood, if u all still can not understand me, i will say once more, sorry.
thx ,caption.
regards,
bswc

I think I understand now. However, a game is the combination of it's part. If you take a single element from it - for example, the combat system - you're not looking at how it is integrated with the rest. A combat system may use a particle system to show critical hits. So when looking at the combat system alone, you miss vital pieces of information.

So, this sounds like a bad idea to me. I think it's much better to just release a demo or trailer that shows off various gameplay styles, perhaps containing small pieces of multiple levels if necessary. Movieclips don't just show off the lighting or the acting from a movie alone, but a small section of a movie, so the comparisson isn't completely correct anyway.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Quote:
I think it's much better to just release a demo or trailer that shows off various gameplay styles, perhaps containing small pieces of multiple levels if necessary.

on thinking this, i feel ashamed for what i has thought about.
u are right,i have thought it in a wrong way!
here are my idea about how to build up the tool.
1)if it is a morpg game. the solution is:
one data packet analysis tool plus data verifier plus a console control.

the data packet analysis is to analysis the data exchange between the client and the server in a Morpg,similar like wpe, windump,maybe, correct me if i am wrong,hehe.

the data verifier is to function as the server, and check the command from the console control in a fixed format in interval time,and make sure both the format and the length is okay, if it is wrong, then correct them as soon as the command from the console control is wrong.

the console control here is to emulate the client part,with particle system, skill system, and combat system.
2) if it is a console rpg game, the solution is:
console control only.
it emulate the client part with a certain section of the game, such as the profession skills, and particle when exploding.something like that.
it's my wholly conceivation about the tool, pls feel free to correct it, thx, it sounds interesting just like a teacher teaches a stupid student,:)
regards,
bswc.
... I'm beginning to think you learned your English from Babelfish.

I'd advise learning English better before trying these forums again, or finding a programming community in your native language. At the moment, I don't think there's any way we'll understand enough of your question to give responses you'll be able to use.
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement