GLFW & Dev-Cpp (Also a Visual Studio issue)

Started by
14 comments, last by CodeMunkie 16 years, 4 months ago
Ok go to Tools->Check for Updates

Select the mirror to devpacks

find opengl

Then you can just do a "Create New Project/Multimedia/OpenGL"

Then copy your .lib stuff.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Advertisement
And you also need to find .a's instead of .libs

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Quote:Original post by ChrisPearce
I had the same problem with visual studio. In the end the problem was that the manifest included a reference to the DEBUG CRT DLLS as well as the release DLLs. To I just deleted the reference to the debug dll from the manifest, deployed that alongside the exe, and ran the vc_redist installer on the target computer, and it worked.

Hey, thanks a lot. That fixed it up nicely.
Hei , i'm having the same problem . What's a manifest , where do i find it ?
Some hints please.
Quote:Original post by dododeu
Hei , i'm having the same problem . What's a manifest , where do i find it ?
Some hints please.

A manifest file for your build should be found in the "<Project Name>/Release" directory, under the name of "<Project Name>.exe.intermediate.manifest" and would contain something like the following:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?><assembly xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' manifestVersion='1.0'>  <dependency>    <dependentAssembly>      <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.CRT' version='8.0.50608.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b' />    </dependentAssembly>  </dependency></assembly>

In some cases, when building a Release mode build, Visual Studio will include a reference to the Debug data in its Release mode manifest. In such a case it would look something like:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?><assembly xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' manifestVersion='1.0'>  <dependency>    <dependentAssembly>      <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT' version='8.0.50608.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b' />    </dependentAssembly>  </dependency>  <dependency>    <dependentAssembly>      <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.CRT' version='8.0.50608.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b' />    </dependentAssembly>  </dependency></assembly>

In such a case, you should need only remove the:
  <dependency>    <dependentAssembly>      <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT' version='8.0.50608.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b' />    </dependentAssembly>  </dependency>

Part and then rebuild the solution in Visual Studio. It doesn't always seem to want to play ball though and will sometimes complain about an invalid manifest file. In such situations I know no other solution than to clean and rebuild and try again.
The simplest solution is just to link against the static lib version of the runtime instead of the DLL version. Right click your project, go to Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library. Set the option to Multithreaded Debug (/MTd) for your Debug config and Multithreaded (/MT) for Release.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement