dxdiag - can't adjust direct3d acceleration

Started by
1 comment, last by littlekid 16 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I am not sure if this is the right forum for this post. Though it is related to directx it is not related to programming. Currently, when I open my dxdiag, I can no longer enable or diable my direct3d, directdraw and AGP texture acceleration. It just shows: Direct3D Acceleration --- Enable DirectDraw Acceleration --- Disable etc. There is no button next to it that allow me to toggle between disable/enable. I use to be able to do it when i was using window xp. Right now, I am using vista with 8500gt and forceware. I upgraded from a x300SE when I first change to vista from xp.
Advertisement
Typically I don't allow tech-support style questions in this forum, but given you've at least been involved in the technical side I'll be lenient [smile]

I'm not on my Vista box right now, but I do wonder if this is just a Vista-specific thing. Given it's reliance on hardware acceleration (unless you disable all the AERO Glass features) it might not be possible nor make sense to allow those features in dxdiag. They seem to have only performed the bare minimal 'improvements' to that tool for Vista/DX10 it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, in my experience those buttons were only of much use for the really ancient legacy applications and hardware - why do you want to enable/disable it??

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Thanks Jack,

Sorry for the late reply, as i spent my time reformatiing the computer.

I wanted to change the hardware acceleration through the dxdiag as they are labeled as disable.

I managed to solve it by reformatting the computer and reinstalling the drivers and OS etc. Not a very good solution i think but it works :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement