Help......DirectInput

Started by
4 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 5 months ago
Hi all meet you again... i have problem with DirectInput. Does any one know the tutorial or example for making keyboard mapping configuration in DirectX like keyboard setting dialog in some game? Thanx...
Advertisement
Don't use DirectInput for keyboard input. Ever.
I have an example source code for displaying window or dialog and mapping the button of keyboard visually and easily. Like changing button for jump,walk,run etc. I believe it uses DirectInput because it's complete setting for a joypad, mouse and keyboard configuration. but the problem is "it's gone" (i deleted it)

Does any know the example?
Sounds like you're describing Action Mapping to me. But Steve's comments are correct - Use DI for legacy joypad support, XI for XB360 joypads and regular Win32 for mouse and keyboard.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

I mean how to make DirectInput Mapper for keyboard...
Is there any source or an example?

like picture below :

DirectInput Mapper
Did you read my previous post and the link I put in? That is a complete tutorial for the Action Mapping technology. I don't have an old enough SDK to hand, but if you look for the 'ActionMapper' sample you'll find working code.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement