chasecam problems. springs?

Started by
13 comments, last by suliman 16 years, 4 months ago
im new to them so i do it manually when running into problem to know that im not doing a mistake with the syntax and easier follow whats happening :)
But how about my problem. What am I missing?

[Edited by - suliman on November 27, 2007 3:21:42 PM]
Advertisement
I've also tried stuff like this
float camSpeed=0.03*(vel); //multiply with ship-velocity

And this version stays at the right distance even though ship changes speed, it doesn't rock back and forth BUT relative to the increase in speed, the cam gets more and more static to its target-position behind the ship (of course). Thusly removing the "chase-effect" totally at higher speeds...
Plz?

[Edited by - suliman on November 28, 2007 2:29:08 AM]
Do noone know what i do wrong? Plz drop a line here.
E
I think you need to make your interpolation number variable with speed. If the camera is farther back than it should be, slowly increase it each frame until the distance is correct. Then if the camera is too close (like when the target slows down), slowly decrease it. Imagine the camera is it's own ship. When it sees the ship infront of it speed up, it needs to speed up, but in this case you're 'speeding up' the interpolation between current position and desired position.

[Edited by - ItsDan on November 29, 2007 10:41:21 AM]
-----------------------------------------------“The best, most affordable way to save the most lives and improve overall health is to increase the number of trained local, primary healthcare workers.”Learn how you can help at www.ghets.org
finally solved!

I simply move the cam closer to the goalPos (using ship-speed and direction of ship before appplying this ticks turning) before calculating on camera movement using my original code. Voila!

This makes cam soft and nice and dont change camera behavior due to ship speed.
E

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement