32- PIN EPROM CHIPS help

Started by
5 comments, last by TheTroll 16 years, 5 months ago
Where can i buy some 27C801-120 eprom ??? i have been looking every where for them . and are there bigger eprom chips? like 16 or 32 megs? i hate to use 4 chips if i can use 1 32mb or 2 16mb
Advertisement
The question is do you really want an EPROM or will non-volatile ram be just as effective? The largest EPROMs I know of are 4 megs.

theTroll
Why the 27C801? It's only 1MB in size, although that's fairly big for an EPROM.

Since the largest one I've seen is 4Mb I really doubt you'll find a 16Mb or 32Mb one.

[Edited by - Scet on November 24, 2007 10:03:14 AM]
Quote:Original post by TheTroll
The question is do you really want an EPROM or will non-volatile ram be just as effective? The largest EPROMs I know of are 4 megs.

theTroll
ok im trying to build a dev cart using a tut( http://snesdev.romhack.de/som2.htm ) i found on the net ... it says to use this chip (27C801-120 eprom ) and says its 8 mb and i need 4 chips for a 32mb capticty but i hate soldering and would rather have 1 32 mb or 2 16mb for cart ...

how big is 27C801-120 eprom ? .. i actually need this type of memory to work on the super nes...

i m looking for a online store that sells eprom , and have had no luck
Be aware that ROM is measured in bits, not bytes. 8 megabits = 1 megabyte. Not sure if you knew that, but the terms "megs" and "MB" makes things confusing.

Also a simple Google search for "27C801" brought up a couple places that sell them on the first page. You might also want to try eBay.
Quote:Original post by Scet
Be aware that ROM is measured in bits, not bytes. 8 megabits = 1 megabyte. Not sure if you knew that, but the terms "megs" and "MB" makes things confusing.

Also a simple Google search for "27C801" brought up a couple places that sell them on the first page. You might also want to try eBay.

so if the diagram is calling for 32 megs--- and 4 27c801 to make 32 megs....is there a one chip equivalent ?

No there is not.

theTroll

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement