Help me?

Started by
5 comments, last by DrWatson 16 years, 2 months ago
First of all, hello to everyone (I just registered). Second : I have a favor to ask for. I use modem, so opening a page can take a while, not to mention downloading something. As it happens, I downloaded SDL library (I use it with Code::Blocks and gcc) and begun learning how to use it. Turns out I need more libraries :D (libraries for ttf, image manipulation, etc). Now opening a bunch of pages is slow, but downloading all files one by one will take few hours... So, can anyone please upload all the libraries (zipped), and I'll download them all at once? I realize this is an awkward question, but with 5kbps I can do nothing... [Edited by - DrWatson on January 30, 2008 6:33:16 PM]
Advertisement
Hello [smile]

All those libraries are already zipped on the SDL site. Putting them into a bigger zip won't help I'm afraid.

In any case, you can spend some time using SDL on its own - getting it to work with your compiler etc. This will help you when you go to setup the other libraries. Check Lazy Foo's SDL tutorials for help get SDL set up with your IDE of choice.
I know it won't reduce the size any further, I just need to download them all as one file, as it would save me a few hours :D
Why not use something like GetRight, then you can start them all off downloading and not have to worry about losing a connection etc.
Well, that's not a too bad option, i guess... I'll go with that. Can anyone just tell me should I download binaries or source? I'm working on both linux and windows... And what exactly should I do when I extract those, what goes into library folder, what into include (just .h files?)? Also, should I just copy those files into the same "lib" and "include" folders with SDL?
Thanks...
The tutorials I linked above, to the best of my knowledge, describe everything you need to do to set up SDL on a wide range of IDEs.
Somehow I missed that link :O
It's amazing! Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement