What Language do u prefer?

Started by
63 comments, last by Drizzt DoUrden 16 years, 2 months ago
Java.
Advertisement
C++ because Java is weird.

</C++ bias>
And what reason did you have to program in C++ before Java existed?
I prefer C++. I think it is the standard language and good for making games [smile] In school also we had C, C++ basics so there was no need for looking elsewhere. C# and .net is also very popular among developers and some say C# is more friendly.

C++ and C# are not very different so if we know one other will not be too complex I think [wink]
Quote:Original post by kimi
C++ and C# are not very different

I object. C++ and C# are two totally different languages. I could fill pages describing the differences (and I don't even know C# very well).
I use Pascal for game-development. many people think it's an old and dead language but infact it isn't. I found it very easy to learn, and it is almost as powerfull as C++, but IMHO alot safer and easier to learn. There are alot cool game libraries available in pascal. Check www.pascalgamedevelopment.com

Pitty Pascal isn't very populair these day's. :(
Quote:Original post by Sean_Seanston
C++ because Java is weird.

I use C# because it has the features of java but less weirdness
For fun, 9 out of 10 doctors recommend: Python.

Because I'm not always allowed to have fun at work: C++ and C#.

~Shiny
------------'C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.' -Bjarne Stroustrup
Ok, sorry for the late follow up.

I prefer a mix of C and C++ for many reasons, it is supported on (almost) all hardware platforms that exist in the known universe, it has the most widespread support in terms of specialized libraries, it gets as close as you can get to the actual hardware without turning into assembly, I think that the fact of it being compiled for actual hardware rather than interpreted or compiled for a virtual machine is a good thing because of speed, executable file size and not requiring a framework/virtual machine/interpreter to be previously installed in order to run.

Now that is just my opinion, everyone else is entitled to theirs. [smile]
This has been done to death, but I prefer c++ because of the number of libraries and samples available for it. The down side is that
a) Compiler errors are sometimes completely meaningless.
b) You have to use include guards, unless your implementation supports somethign better.
c) Extra verbosity in many places.

But I still find it easier to make stuff in c++ than other languages, probably just down to experience.
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement