- UNPALADIN - : 3d action game...

Started by
5 comments, last by Boder 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi! we're a little GD group living in Barcelona, SPAIN. As former students of the Game Creation Master' course at Pompeu Fabra University, we'been developing a game for about 8-10 months, as a final project of the course.. We're really pleased to show you our game:
">Watch Unpaladin InGame Video UNPALADIN is a 3-level short 3D game with great graphics and totally professional quality animation. We take the role of Sieghardt, kind of cyberpunk Paladin, who must stop a evil horde of demons that are appearing in a European town. The final surprise is to challenge an inmense demon lord who's in the way to pass through a portal. Sieghardt's some tricks to save the town, as he weilds a living sword capable of some-kind 'soul-stealing'. After you keep defeating enemies, their souls are collected within a 'energy' bar which is later used to perform Special Attacks, like a fireball, or a ground-breaking barrier defense. Sieg' can also kick the enemies in the ground and provoke them to make them come to you. UNPALADIN was one the games shown at ArtFutura 07-08 Expo. We got to Finals, and won the second price as 'The most Close-to-Pro Game' Award. (along with a claimed PSP Console...). Unfortunally we couldn't send it to IGF, but some friends of use, and also class mates, sent their game. You'll probably know about GALAXY SCRAPPER... Please visit our website at: UNPALADIN Website These are some nice specs about UNPALADIN: - Exclusive Dx9 3D engine done in Visual Studio 2005 Express. - Next-Gen Visual Technology: Normal Mapping, Dynamic Lights, Skeletal Animation... - Great 3D graphics, with particle effects: smoke, fire, fog.. - Features the all-mighty -LOL- Combo System. As you hit, you get rofls, lmaos, etc... - Motion-Captured Animation Process: Like the A+ games (Heavenly Sword?..) - Developed by only 4!!! people for ~10 months. (~8-10 hours a day..) - Done with: Visual Studio 2005 Express, 3D Studio Max 8, Photoshop CS2, Particle Illusion, and a lotta coffe cups and chocolate snacks. [Edited by - pioj on February 29, 2008 3:09:19 AM]
Advertisement
er.. can someone help me? I want to post some img's and links to the web..

Is there any html tag system in these boards?

thx
Quote:Original post by pioj
er.. can someone help me? I want to post some img's and links to the web..

Is there any html tag system in these boards?

thx

yes, normal html tags work just fine for images and links.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Hello,

Alright, some comments and crits. First off, your game seems very polished. Great work there. I haven't had a shot to play it yet , but judging from what you have on your site I am quite impressed. That being said...

While the detail in the first screen shot you posted looks amazing, I would not quite vouch it as "Stunning 3d graphics" or "awesome graphics" by measure of todays growing standards when looking at the rest of your screenshots. The textures on the demon night thingys just seem a little "meh", and the some of the later texture and modeling work is about on key with good 2002-3 work, not 2007 work (which is trademarked by impressive use of shaders, high resolution texturing, and post process filtering. This is not to dis your work by any means, it is completely an awesome project and I look forward to playing it. Compared to most inde projects you blow them away, but most independent projects don't tout their graphics quite as much as you do either :). I would say your graphics are "Good" but not "Awesome" Take a look at games like fear or oblivion if you want examples of what people consider "awesome graphics".

Kudos on the "LoL" combo system, thats funny as hell.

Richard
Looks great, congratulations!
I dream hard of helping people.
Thanks for the comments guys, nice to meet you!

I agree with you PaulCesar, our tech can't exactly be described as NEXT-GEN today, but in my country was almost impossible to learn shaders and HDR knowledge , by the time we started developing the game...

Anyway, Normal maps and Specular lightning do the work very well.. You better try to download and play the game, and you'll see that the enemies' textures have some more detail than expected...

That thing about words like "amazing", "awesome",etc. are all just part of the common jibbi-jabba in the backcover of the comercial games... Of course, many people searching to buy a new game, often turn the cover and read the plots, looking for that kind of words and adjectives.. Sad but true...

could you guys, post some exemples of html tags to add in the thread? I still can't find the right way to post imgs or urls...

thx a lot
Click the "edit" link above this post to see how I did it.

UNPALADIN Website

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement