Question for experienced oscilloscope users (2465A)

Started by
2 comments, last by Imtiaz 16 years, 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I am in the process of buying an analog oscilloscope and I've certainly leaned towards the Tektronix models from the 70s and 80s and one in particular I found that seems quite good in price and features is the 2465A. The seller posted this photo: photo I can't tell what mode its being run in, perhaps its a diagnostic setting but looking at the traces they look uneven and faded in spots, one area for example is the upper right hand side of the top horizontal trace. Is this normal for whatever mode of operation it is in? I have read that certain scopes will display signal portions that occur less frequently in certain waveforms as lighter but I'm not even sure if that is applicable here. Thanks for the help in advance!
Advertisement
It could just be the refresh that you're seeing in that photo.
----Bart
Tektronix makes very good o-scopes, it's definitely a brand to consider. I used various Tektronix when I was doing audio/video repair.

To get a better idea of the scope's performance I suggest: Email the seller and ask them if they could send you a screenshot with one channel displaying a sinusoidal waveform and the other channel a square waveform, with frequencies at about 80% of the scope's max freq. I believe that scope is a 4 channel scope.

Good luck on your purchase.

Thanks for the responses guys. I won it through an auction at a little less than 300 bucks and considering all the features it has and the general reliability tektronix was known for in that era I think it's a good buy. It is certainly much more complex in design than the old tek 4xx series which might make self-repair limited in some aspects but if I'm lucky I won't face any for at least a couple years.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement