free and -good- GUI for DirectX - available in this universe???

Started by
3 comments, last by swiftcoder 16 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I am searching for a good GUI for my DirectX9/C++ project. I searched the whole friday, but found no satisfying results ... - I tried CEGUI, but the problem was that you need thousands of looknfeel, scheme, blablabla files, whatever. I don't want to have 7 files just for my GUI. Furthermore CEGUI is not the best-looking GUI. - Then I tried RBGui, but it's not really supported and just beta. - I also tried to use the DXUT Gui, but it didn't really work out ... For my aims, something like the DXUT Gui would fit, but it has to be fast and a modern look. Does anyone know a good GUI library for DX9,C++ - I couldn't find any ... Thankyou erik
Advertisement
My conclusion: No GUI
XD
DIY
DIY n t m t.
Quote:Original post by erik rostock
- I tried CEGUI, but the problem was that you need thousands of looknfeel, scheme, blablabla files, whatever. I don't want to have 7 files just for my GUI. Furthermore CEGUI is not the best-looking GUI.

I wasn't going to reply, but this got my goat a little. All those 7 files you are complaining about are used to control exactly how CEGUI looks - and CEGUI only looks as good as you make it (using those very same files).

In saying that CEGUI doesn't look good, all you are saying is that you don't like the sample theme... So go make your own theme - it isn't hard, and if you get a decent artist, it might actually look better than the sample.

No GUI toolkit is going to look just how you imagined by default.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement