EA Tiburon

Started by
6 comments, last by JBourrie 16 years, 1 month ago
I was looking for info on this studio but could not find much (few old posts here and there). It seems like they had problems in the past with QOL, but they seem to have improved a lot in that area. Anybody know what the salary range at this studio would be for Software Engineer 2 or Software Engineer 3? I looked up some resources on salaries and the kind of say that the range is in the mid 70Ks to low 80Ks for such positions, but I am not sure how accurate these figures are since my experience is that such reports tend to be off.
Advertisement
I did some research few months back, and I could not find any references in terms of salaries. QOL seems to vary there, rumors are that the Superman team went through a tough time towards the end of the project. Have not heard much recently
thanks, anybody has resources for good sites for finding out salary information?
If you look around for any of Tom Sloper's posts (use the search feature) he has a website that links (or at least linked) to a site that shows average salaries (from a few years back anyways).

As for EA Tiburon, here is their website:

www.tiburon.com

The salaries listed in this topic look a bit low for an SE3 (maybe not for an SE2 depending on experience). But then again, I work in Canada so I tend to keep myself oblivious to average salary in the states since I have no desire to work there.

QOL should be pretty good there, although it most likely differs from team to team. It's a big enough studio that makes a lot of big name titles (Madden, Tiger Woods, Nascar, NCAA football).
Also, depending on your experience and how badly they want to hire you, there is always room to negotiate salary (if you're inexperienced then there is pretty much no room to argue unless they're really desperate). I doubt you're inexperienced though if you are asking about SE2 and SE3 positions.
Quote:Original post by black_eagle
I was looking for info on this studio but could not find much (few old posts here and there).
It seems like they had problems in the past with QOL, but they seem to have improved a lot in that area.
Yes they have. There are still occasional issues at the end of project and on individual teams, but on the whole EA is not the same one that you have been trained to hate.

Quote:Anybody know what the salary range at this studio would be for Software Engineer 2 or Software Engineer 3?
There are lots of SE2 and SE3s there who know the pay. You might consider directly asking several of them for ranges.

Quote:I looked up some resources on salaries and the kind of say that the range is in the mid 70Ks to low 80Ks for such positions, but I am not sure how accurate these figures are since my experience is that such reports tend to be off.
Be aware of if you are talking about direct salary, or salary + bonuses, or salary + bonuses + perks. It makes a difference. Based on their location, I would guess your number is fairly accurate.

Also note that SE2 is not an entry level position.

I glanced at 15 or so jobs from a quick search of their jobs site searching for "Software Engineer II" which pulled up 160 jobs.

Every one of them that I looked at *required* at least three years of programming work experience, and *preferred* at least two years of game development or related experience. No, you can't count your college and hobby programming in those three years of work experience.
Quote:Original post by frob
There are lots of SE2 and SE3s there who know the pay. You might consider directly asking several of them for ranges.

I think that is the reason some people post here, because they do not know anybody that works there and during the technical interview you should not bring up the salary question.

I think what black_eagle is trying to do is trying to find sombody that works there here in the forum that is willing you give him/her a range
If they're competitive, they'll pay in the ranges shown in this survey.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement