Lua and linker warning 4098

Started by
2 comments, last by Sneftel 16 years ago
Hi a few friends and me are working on a game engine. We agreed to use Lua in our project. But, as soon as I added Lua 5.1.3 static library a warning popped up: warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library we are using Visual Studio 2005, C++. The code that uses the static library is compiled into a dll, which is used in a client program. Also, we aren't using any other third party libraries except DirectX. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or knows what this means and/or how to solve it? Thank you
Advertisement
This seems to be a common problem. I don't know what causes it, but you can get rid of it by going to Project -> Properties -> Linker -> Input, and under Ignore Specific Library, write down "msvcrt.lib".
looks like the lua library is compiled against a different runtime library than your application. Make sure that all your projects (and 3rd party libraries) are compiled with the same settings under code generation. Settings such as single threaded DLL, multi-threaded DLL, debug DLLL,

cheers,

Bob

[size="3"]Halfway down the trail to Hell...
Quote:Original post by Gage64
This seems to be a common problem. I don't know what causes it, but you can get rid of it by going to Project -> Properties -> Linker -> Input, and under Ignore Specific Library, write down "msvcrt.lib".

That doesn't get rid of it. Just the opposite. It hides it, leaving it around to cause difficult-to-debug memory problems later on.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement