Damn include guards!!

Started by
21 comments, last by wforl 15 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by LittleJimmy
I dont understand why you guys keep saying I'm a whiner, I was telling you that my program didnt work so that you guys can understand just how new I am at this (which is why I'm in the for beginners section) not because I'm whining about it, then you go ahead and say goodluck with my programming career, I think you guys just misinterpreted my message which made it seem as if I was whining, but I assure you I wasnt.

Oh and by the way, I tried to follow the intructions, which was use extern mainly, but I couldnt get it working, this is my first time im attempting to do such a large project so please try not to be so hard on me, I'm still learning.

Yeah that's probably why most of the experienced developers around here always suggest beginners stick with simple stuff at first since problems like this don't usually appear until you start working on larger and more complex programs. I know in the C++ class I took in college this problem never came up since our instructor didn't even want us using multiple files for our C++ programs since it was too much work for him to keep track of all the files! I've just run into this problem splitting up a game into several source files myself so this thread has been quite helpful!
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Advertisement
What if’s aside, LittleJimmy now wants to create a global variable across multiple source files. We posted instructions, but he doesn’t understand or cannot fix his code. So we need to know what exactly is confusing. What isn’t working. Examples of not working. Code snippet demonstrations are extremely useful here.
sorry for the interupted question, but under what topic in the Articles and Resources page does the following link come under

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1798.asp

i looked under most of the programming and C/C++ titles, but couldn't see it.

I was just curious what other similar articles there were about the topic

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement