crash when trying to load mesh from .x

Started by
34 comments, last by craksy 15 years, 11 months ago
Whew! At least you're back to the original error!

Just for fun, try putting in the full path for "spaceship 2.x" in the D3DXLoadMesh function, such as:

L"c:\\projects\\directx\\spaceship 2.x" (or whereever it is, making sure that the file exists in that folder!)

If that doesn't work, change the name of the file itself to "spaceship2.x" and change your filename in the code to L"spaceship2.x". Maybe it doesn't like the space in the filename.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Advertisement
FINALLY!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT!!!
I LOVE Y... I LIKE YOU VERY MUCH!!!

anyway heres some questions:

1. do i have to go through this everytime i want to load a mesh from .x ?
2. where can i find aditional learning recourses? (the tutorial i followed didnt seem to be that good :/
3. can i delete allt he other stuff as long as i got the full path for the .x in the loadmeshfromX() ?
4. how can i be as good at bug tracking as you!
5. how do i improve my english so i dont have all the f***ing spelling errors in all my posts... lol -_-

Again: Thanks a bunch!
Quote:1. do i have to go through this everytime i want to load a mesh from .x ?
2. where can i find aditional learning recourses? (the tutorial i followed didnt seem to be that good :/
3. can i delete allt he other stuff as long as i got the full path for the .x in the loadmeshfromX() ?
4. how can i be as good at bug tracking as you!
5. how do i improve my english so i dont have all the f***ing spelling errors in all my posts... lol -_-

:-)

Answers:
1. Hopefully not!
2. Sometimes tutorials are difficult to implement and you actually have to debug the tutorial. However, consider how much you've learned?
3. Sure. If it does what you want it to, for now, why not?
4. LOL. Spend 30 years programming.
5. Your English is very good, by the way. It's a lot better than my Danish!

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Quote:
Answers:
1. Hopefully not!
2. Sometimes tutorials are difficult to implement and you actually have to debug the tutorial. However, consider how much you've learned?
3. Sure. If it does what you want it to, for now, why not?
4. LOL. Spend 30 years programming.
5. Your English is very good, by the way. It's a lot better than my Danish!

reanswers:
1. i dont hope so :S *afraid*
2. i found out about the tutorial thingy. and i think i learned quite a bit from this :P
3. hurra! lets all celebrate xD
4. i think i will! so mayeb when i am 44 ill be as good as you (i am not a very pation person -_-)
5. i know the grammars (to some point) but my spelling is awfull! and ofcaurse i cant run firefox (with spellchecker extention) on my damn vista *angry*
and i think its because your not dansih? :P at least a language i am good at -_-

anyway: Thanks alot!
i guess you will be seing alot of anoyoing noob question from me around here, for a while.
lets just hope that my next problem wont take 2 (or 3?) days to solve -_-

again Thanks! (damn i have writting thanks about 343.5 times just in this post -_-)

i dunno about you, but i fixed this problem by placing the mesh in the same directory as the output exe...
i think you should have said that before i solved it myself? it doesnt help me much now :P

anyway: Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement