Compiles for Linux but not Windows (linker error)

Started by
0 comments, last by alvaro 15 years, 11 months ago
Hey. Ive been trying to implement Box2D (2D physics library) into my project. I have compiled the library from source for both windows and Linux. But i am having trouble linking the library into windows. (Note: I compile to windows using Mingw32 in Linux). I posted this all into the Box2D forums, but i dont think i will be getting a reply there anytime soon. Here is the post i made in those forums. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey all. I develop on Linux, and compile windows binaries from here using mingw32. I use GCC for all my compiling. I compiled Box2D for both linux and windows (.a and .so) put them in the correct folders, put the "-lbox2d" tag into my makefiles, and it worked fine. Until, i put this line of code in. From my understanding, this is the only line of code in my project that calls a function that *should be* in the Box2d library.

pworld = new b2World(worldAABB, gravity, true);

at which point, it started coughing up compiler errors, (in the link stage). Note, that the linux version compiled fine, when i tried to compile for windows i got this

/tmp/ccJd63Hj.o:gmap.cpp:(.text+0x25b): undefined reference to `b2World::b2World(b2AABB const&, b2Vec2 const&, bool)'

So, im totally confused. Usually an error like this can be solved with changing the linking order in my makefiles, but not this time. Ill put my makefiles now. Windows

all:

i586-mingw32msvc-g++ -o bin/win/BlackAurora.exe Source/*.cpp  -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -mwindows -lopengl32 -lbox2d

Linux

all:

g++ -o bin/linux/BlackAurora Source/*.cpp -lbox2d -lSDL -lGL -lSDL_image

Im totally stumped here. Any help? ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Strange. Quote tags wont work....
Game Development Tutorials, a few good game development tutorials located on my site.
Advertisement
What happens if instead of the -l... option you put there the library file, with full path? If that works, it probably means your library path is not correctly set up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement