BMFont: problem with icons

Started by
5 comments, last by sesquipedalian 15 years, 10 months ago
I'm trying to insert some 32bit images into my font for special icon characters. It all works, except in the .fnt file I get "chnl=1", where I am expecting "chnl=15", from reading the docs. Also, this means my pixel shader is not getting the right colors. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? I tried importing the source image as various different types - .png, .tga, .bmp - and it's always the same. The image data in the final .dds font file is correct. It has all 32bits written out. I can, of course, manually edit the .fnt file to correct it, but that's kind of annoying. Maybe I'm missing something basic? I'm using BMFont 1.10a
Advertisement
Looks like it might be a bug that slipped into the last release. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

FYI: the xml version of the output seems correct (which is what I recently switched to, so that solves my problem :)
oops - nevermind. The xml output is wrong, too. I was looking at the wrong thing.
I've confirmed the bug. I'll fix it as soon as possible. If possible even this weekend.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've just uploaded BMFont 1.10b. Please let me know if you find any other bugs.

Thanks,
Andreas

will do - thanks a bunch!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement