How to make PC games

Started by
41 comments, last by Oluseyi 15 years, 10 months ago
samoz,

Quote:You asked for a review of your work. Please stop taking offense at the constructive criticism that you are receiving. People are responding because you asked for their comments.

Because you can't tell when someone is taking offense or not... why should I trust your opinion about other subjects? Such as programming? or writing tutorials? See... it's all about authenticity of what you say. And your stuff just doesn't add up. Stop hiding underneath words such as "constructive" and so forth. I know why I am asking these questions, if you followed this thread you would also see that I said this is the kind of response I wanted to hear. I am not offended by these things. Please keep in mind next time you approach me...

Quote:Instead of lashing out at every commenter and defending yourself, simply take their suggestions and make changes as you see fit.

You just answered the first part of your statements for me by saying this. If you truly have something constructive to say, then say it. Don't be ignorant and assume you know other people and their reaction... purpose of what they say... integrity etc.

We make choices, and its certainly not my choice to put anyone down to inflate my ego.... or even worse "defend" myself. But there is no reason to say what should be obvious to a mature, adult person.

Discord GameDev Chat 38+ members | Skype GameDev chat group 235+ members

Advertisement
Quote:Unfortunately, old sport, tremendous amounts of effort and research do not necessarily equal a tremendously good result. I'm sure you put a lot of work into your website. This does not, of itself, make it any good for the purposes you intend.

If it is any consolation, I thought your web design was quite good.

It's good enough, but it's not fully xml-compliant at this point.

Herein lies the challenge. This is not just a tutorial. The digital domain gives us the opportunity to be creative with the UI. You don't have to browse a tutorial like you do a book, you don't have to carry it around like a book, and there is are plenty of ways to optimize user experience. The tutorial itself doesn't have to be a tutorial, it could be presented in a book-like format, with larger margins, which makes it easier to read, but on the web... (vs a PDF for example). Anyway I'm talking about site formatting and user friendliness.

The site design, the articles, the information, the authenticity of that information must be all top notch. That's the purpose of my web-site. To get there, is going to take a long time. But it's not impossible. Like I said plenty of times before, I have listened to everyones opinion and I have already created a list of "fixes" and new ideas that will improve that information by a great degree...

Discord GameDev Chat 38+ members | Skype GameDev chat group 235+ members

This is going nowhere.

gregsometimes, revise your tutorial and post it again when you want some more feedback. I'm closing this thread as it's showing signs of degenerating into name-calling (of which you are a major culprit, calling people "ignorant" and such).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement