Apophysis??

Started by
1 comment, last by LorenzoGatti 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi guys, I started using Apophysis a few weeks ago, really cool program and came across it as I was looking in to fractals (obviously). I am wanting to understand the maths in the program and how it maps to the maths described in its accompanying paper (PS please dont click the link if you have a poor internet connect, its quite a big file) HERE . I figured that the variables in the transform tab of the editor are the constants found withing the function f(x,y) = (ax + by + c, dx + ey + f). My motive for doing this was to try to create a Sierpiński triangle. So i tried inputing the three functions presuming the variables under the transform tab do as I said, but it didn't work. I ensure all the stuff like making sure there only a linear transform occurring, making sure the weights are even (although technically even if they went I should get something that resembles the gasket). could anyone help me out, I would like to understand how the program actually works so I not really asking anyone to walk me though how to actually create the triangle, thanks guys :-)
Advertisement
Hi guys, been experimenting and running sum scripts that I found on the net that generate the gasket, it seems that I was wrong with my prsumstion and that the function f(x,y) is actually f(x,y) = (ax + cy + e, bx + dy + f), can anyone confirm that, thanks guys :-)
Quote:Original post by Genesiiis
Hi guys, been experimenting and running sum scripts that I found on the net that generate the gasket, it seems that I was wrong with my prsumstion and that the function f(x,y) is actually f(x,y) = (ax + cy + e, bx + dy + f), can anyone confirm that, thanks guys :-)

Apophysis uses many functions to distort the collage copies, the simple affine transform you want is only one of them. You might be inadvertently randomizing the transform type as you experiment; try disabling all fancy functions.
But what's wrong with your IFS efforts? Any picture?

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement