HL2 Modding Help

Started by
2 comments, last by Mavirick 15 years, 9 months ago
Does anyone around here have some intimate knowledge in HL2 SP modding? I'm trying to put the CSS weapons in an HL2 mod, and can get everything but the muzzle flash sprites and the commands that handle shell ejections to work. Unfortunately, all my work has been in Java (I know, I know :\) and I can't figure my way through all the C++. As for the sprites, I don't even know where to begin. I don't want to sit here and type out everything I've tried to do if no one can help, so if you've got any experience or think you could help, I'd be really grateful if you posted here or emailed me--jonny.jt@gmail.com. Thanks so much! Mavirick
Advertisement
Okay, I finally figured out my shell ejection problem (at least with the shotgun, but the deagle shouldn't be too hard to mimic). Figures that it's only a few hours after I throw up my hands and ask for help... Anyway, I've still got some sprite issues, so if anyone's got any ideas I'm open. Also if anyone's interested in my shell ejection fix let me know and I'll be happy to share.
I'm not sure if you've already seen this page, but it might help:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Importing_CSS_Weapons_Into_HL2
I have, but thank you. The article was really helpful when I first started, but is different from what I am doing mostly because it replaces weapons (i.e. replace 357 with deagle) and instead of putting the deagle's muzzle flash in, it uses the 357's muzzle flash.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement