Actually this is a math question ... any egg head want to help a simpleton ?

Started by
13 comments, last by TSEDSE 15 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by TSEDSE
How can a matrix do this ?
A negative scale could do this [smile]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Advertisement
Hey, thanks for the code, I will give it a try in a mo.

Ref the colours of the normals. One club (same mesh remember) is blue and green the other is red and orange, I assume this means they are different. One thing, should the output of the normal colour change depending on 'my' position/view point in the world ?

Now, how do I add an image to here ?
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
How can a matrix do this ?
A negative scale could do this [smile]

Funny you should sat that. If I just render the clubs without applying the combined matrix they are massive. The combined matrix from the skinning mesh must have a negative scale in there. Could this be whats causing me the issue with the normals (if the diff colours do dictate an issue) ?
Ref the colours of the normals. One club (same mesh remember) is blue and green the other is red and orange, I assume this means they are different. One thing, should the output of the normal colour change depending on 'my' position/view point in the world ?
Not if they are world space normals.
Now, how do I add an image to here ?
Same as with anywhere, upload an image some place (like imageshack.us) and provide the url.

I'd personally worry less about your normals right now and focus on stopping your faces from turning inside out after they have been transformed. Chances are fixing that will also sort your normals.

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Thanks for your help. Ok I think I understand now. So one of the clubs in the animation (for some reason) has been turned inside out on export. The animation (as its been exported) has then compensated for this and when I apply the combined matrix to another mesh it inverts the faces and with the original club it screws up the normals. Is this a correct summary ? So, on that premise I need to fix the export of the club, nothing else ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement