TS or Blender

Started by
20 comments, last by Kwizatz 15 years, 6 months ago
Quote:Original post by Daaark
How is that character animation book? I was curious about it.

Its alright, its set as a collection of tutorials with concept explanations in between, not the best format if you're looking for a reference book, but it is an introductory book, so that's sort of expected.

For the most part the book focuses on building on
">Captain Blender, a rustic, somewhat grotesque Mr. Incredible clone, which to me was a bit of a letdown because I was hoping the focus would be the orange character in the cover (turns out that is a piece by a different artist).

In short, the book tries to cover too much material in less than 500 pages, so a lot of stuff has to be condensed, which kind of leaves you wanting more on some of the subjects.

The DVD comes with a lot of stuff, but it feels like after the ~9MB Blender itself takes and the book files they just tried to fill the disk with anything they could find, for example the Elephant Dream short film and all the files needed to render your own version of it come in the disk, as well as some other works, again, by a different author.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Kwizatz
The DVD comes with a lot of stuff, but it feels like after the ~9MB Blender itself takes and the book files they just tried to fill the disk with anything they could find, for example the Elephant Dream short film and all the files needed to render your own version of it come in the disk, as well as some other works, again, by a different author.

Marginally related content is strictly better than empty space on a DVD, especially if it consists of the high quality examples of Blender usage that you describe. Should they have added chapters to the book to fill the disk with the corresponding files?

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Quote:Original post by LorenzoGatti
Should they have added chapters to the book to fill the disk with the corresponding files?

No, but tutorials or extra chapters in pdf format with more in depth content would have been nice, or at least all of the book images in full color (something Paul Steed's book would had benefited from as well).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement