213 comments, last by Washu 15 years, 6 months ago
do you think that linux will ever be able to takeover windows in popularity
The dream weaver
Advertisement
Nope
Nope

Nope
Best regards, Omid
i dont think this response is fair enough ...i mean how many of u guys actually use linux????
The dream weaver
Quote:Original post by roadsideromeo
do you think that linux will ever be able to takeover windows in popularity

Only when it's actually better than Windows.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
On the desktop? Not for the forseeable future.

On the server? Um, well, it sorta already has, although the numbers are close on the low-end of the market. Windows doesn't run on big iron.

On the mobile internet device? The question is whether Linux will overtake SymbianOS, and that looks very likely. WindowsCE is barely a blip.

On the subnotebook: possibly.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

its far better than windows already sir the only thing is the user interface and user friendliness needs to be improved..
The dream weaver
its far better than windows already sir the only thing is the user interface and user friendliness needs to be improved..

'The only thing'? Those are pretty important... And MS doesn't exactly sit and wait while the linux community learns how to design UIs...

Of course, it will be for the best if a free OS surpasses a proprietary one. But will it? People won't use it just because it's free, they want it to be good and friendly.

I lol'd.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement