Cross-Platform Networking

Started by
12 comments, last by CMelissinos 15 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
I suggest you read through the questions in the Forum FAQ, and make up your own mind. The best way to learn is to try it, and see what happens.

I'd like to know if something won't work out ahead of time, instead of dumping hours of work into it, and then learning that it won't suit my needs.
_______________________My computer stats:Xcode 3.1.2Mac OS 10.5.8---Visual C++ 2008 Express EditionWindows XP---NetBeansUbuntu 9.04---Help needed here!
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by adam_o
Let me briefly rephrase and better define what I'm working on. I'm porting an old (9 years old) game from Mac OS 9 to OS X. The game currently uses GameRanger, which is a Mac-only networker. Now, this will work just fine if I only wanted to port to OS X, but another goal is to possibly port to Windows. If I were to do that, I would need something that worked with Windows as well.

OpenPlay appears to be open source, and it claims to be cross-platform on project page.

Given that GameRanger appears to be somewhat comprehensive library, I'd say trying to migrate to OpenPlay would be your best bet.

Again, thanks for the help. I'll be looking into OpenPlay in the near future.
_______________________My computer stats:Xcode 3.1.2Mac OS 10.5.8---Visual C++ 2008 Express EditionWindows XP---NetBeansUbuntu 9.04---Help needed here!
ProjectDarkstar

Cross platform, online, multiplayer game server.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement