Flight Controls

Started by
2 comments, last by Sneftel 15 years, 5 months ago
Most of the games now a days have taken it for granted that when the Player character jumps and is air born, the flight can be controlled to some extent by the move keys. Even though I believe that practically this ability is quite limited to the design of human being(the player character), but it is shown fairly prominently used in games.Which means that player can "fly" a longer distance. This has been taken for granted feature in many gaming communities. When the player jumps and modifies the path of flight in mid-air even when the player is loaded with all world items including guns, weighing almost 150Kgs or more (as can be assumed) the flight cannot be managable I presume.Hence the player should fall almost as he jumped depending upon the distance.
Advertisement
Try halving the amount of butter, and doubling the amount of milk. You'll have to cook it a little longer to evaporate some of the milk, but the extra cheesiness is well worth it!

(Or you could try nullifying movement in mid-air to prevent the player to make such a movement)
I suspect it would be game-dependent, but many "real-world" models are not simulated in games to prevent them from being boring. It should be fairly easy to limit your ability to move forward/backward when not colliding with any objects (or ground).
Chris ByersMicrosoft DirectX MVP - 2005
Did you have a question?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement