[SlimDX] VMR9Allocator (DirectShow .NET + SlimDX)

Started by
3 comments, last by faulty 15 years, 4 months ago
I was trying to convert and run the VMR9Allocator sample for DirectShow .NET with SlimDX instead of MDX. I got an exception when it reach this line return vmrSurfaceAllocatorNotify.SetD3DDevice(unmanagedDevice, hMonitor) In the AdviseNotify method in Allocator.cs. The exception is "No such interface supported", and the hr return was "0x80004002". The sample runs fine with MDX, and my SlimDx should be working, as I've written another 3d apps using it, working fine too. I can't seems to find out what went wrong, no help from googling as well. Apparently not much ppl uses this combination, and non that i can search stumble into this problem. Any idea guys? [Edited by - faulty on November 22, 2008 4:16:24 AM]
Advertisement
I changed the title in case SlimDX guru missed it
Solved the problem myself. I found out after googling for "IVMRSurfaceAllocatorNotify9 No such interface supported", some guys also having the same problem, apparently it was the debug runtime of directx that's causing this problem. Switching to retail runtime will make the problem goes away.

Damn M$
Ok, I was wondering what was going on. All the DirectX components tend to have various problems with their COM implementations, which is annoying when you fall into one of those obscure holes. (Please don't do that "M$" thing though. It's not regarded kindly around here.)
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Promit, sorry bout the M$ thingy.

I was thinking, maybe we should host a DirectX gotcha forum one that topic.

Btw, that problem only exist if I use SlimDX + DirectShow.Lib, no such problem for MDX 1.1 + DirectShow.Lib. So It's kinda funny what MS did in their Managed DX implementation to "workaround" that problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement