[.net] Multiple solutions in dotnet prebuild

Started by
15 comments, last by Fiddler 15 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, I looked at that, but in OpenTK the project file doesn't come out right, because for instance, for GLControl the GLControl.resx file is not included. It's not an issue with building OpenTK, because there aren't actually any embedded resources in the resx files associated with controls, but try setting an icon for (e.g.) the example launcher form, and then recreate the project files. The project will build fine after that, but it will crash when starting up because the resource hasn't been embedded in the assembly.

[Edited by - kanato on November 30, 2008 1:58:29 PM]
Advertisement
Yeah, I think there needs to be a bit more metadata on some of the elements to really get the associations right. One approach is we expand it to allow recursive files with pattern matching, but I'm still coming back up to speed on the code.
Has anyone considered updating prebuild to .NET 2.0? The use of strongly typed collections could really improve working with the code. It's be a big project though.
Yeah, generics are love. :) I talked to Rob Loach about it and he told me to just mess around with it, so I'll probably be doing that this week once I finish my homework (night school is a bitch), and finish up some other things (like how to get the indented/combined files working neatly).
awesome. I have some bug fixes for generating visual studio files and monodevelop files for projects with resources. In monodevelop if you don't write all the right stuff to the project files then you can wind up getting MissingManifestResourceExceptions when running your project. I'll create patches and post them on the dnpb forum next week probably.
Looks like a programming week for me. :) I'm going to go through the various patches over on the site and see if I can integrate a bunch of them. I know there are some 2-3 year old bugs that I didn't really notice before (I originally got on as a "scratching an itch" patch and all the work I did on other related projects).
Has anyone tested Prebuild on network shares? It doesn't seem to work there (bug report).

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement