Help!

Started by
2 comments, last by Sneftel 15 years, 5 months ago
hi guys, im Matt, I would like to learn programming and I don't know where to start, any ideas?
Advertisement
hi guys, im Matt, I would like to learn programming and I don't know where to start, any ideas?
Start by learning to be patient. This is a very fickle crowd, and if you irritate us by double posting ten minutes apart we are actually less likely to help you.

Then download python and follow the tutorials. This will give you a quick-and-dirty understanding of the basics of programming. Once you have that you can begin to decide what sorts of programming you want to get in to.

Remember that just getting set up requires patience and perseverance and it is often hard to find someone to hold your hand while learning. If that is what you need you may want to find an instructor who can teach you face-to-face. Consider visiting a nearby university and bugging one of the CS undergrads there to be a tutor.

Also, it is best to ask this sort of thing in the help-wanted forum where there is a much higher tolerance for newbishness.
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
Please don't cross-post on these forums. For the time being, you should stick to For Beginners.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement