Interested in writing, but clueless on how to get in

Started by
9 comments, last by Oluseyi 15 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by mvon
It's clear that I don't have nearly the kind of experience I thought would be necessary to approach this subject, so I should call writing (Or Designing, perhaps) a long-term goal.

I think you missed some key pieces of advice. Writing requires only your imagination and disciplined effort to produce. These days, thanks to the web, it's relatively easy to publish your writing, too. So start writing! Start writing now. Write in your spare time. Write in any available time. Write as much as you can, write write write. From your writing efforts, you may get an opportunity to write for a newspaper or magazine, then maybe land a book deal. Prove yourself, and then someone will give you a chance to write for a game, freelance.

Escapist Magazine's Editor-in-Chief, Julianne Greer, stated that she is always looking for writers. Send her a sample. Maybe you'll get published. Maybe you'll get to create your own review series and then parlay that publicity into a collection of mediocre "lifestyle" properties. LOL.

Go! Start! Now!

(Unless you don't really want to write...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement