App Crash

Started by
10 comments, last by Evil Steve 15 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Quote:Original post by Njguy
Thanks guys your life savers, im making progress but its getting slowed down by something. Straight from the beginning, I could never minimize my application and bring it back up again, it would crash. Does anyone know why this could be? This would help my debugging process greatly.
Probably because you're not handling device reset correctly. What do the Debug Runtimes tell you? Does this happen in windowed mode as well as full screen? What do you mean the app "crashes"? Access violation? What's the exact error?

Ok, I set it to windowed mode, and it can be minimized no problem. When fullscreen i dont know why it crashes after being minimized.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Thanks guys your life savers, im making progress but its getting slowed down by something. Straight from the beginning, I could never minimize my application and bring it back up again, it would crash. Does anyone know why this could be? This would help my debugging process greatly.
Probably because you're not handling device reset correctly. What do the Debug Runtimes tell you? Does this happen in windowed mode as well as full screen? What do you mean the app "crashes"? Access violation? What's the exact error?

Ok, I set it to windowed mode, and it can be minimized no problem. When fullscreen i dont know why it crashes after being minimized.
The device doesn't get lost when you minimize in windowed mode.

You can cause a lost device in windowed mode by changing the display resolution or colour depth though - that should be considerably easier to debug in windowed mode.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement