I wanna be the guy!

Started by
24 comments, last by TheUnbeliever 15 years, 3 months ago
A friend recently introduced me to a terrible, terrible game called I wanna be the guy! This game is.... hands down the hardest game I have ever played. Just a preview (shamelessly ripped from wikipedia): Photobucket Did I mention that everything instantly turns you into a giant bloodsplosion? Even delicious fruit kills you. Seriously. I'm only about 5 or 6 screens into the game after playing for ~6 hours. I've never had a game pull me into it like this. It's so hard that it forces you to play, or the game wins. I can't stand the game winning. At night I hear it's voice calling me, and I fruitlessly try to finish the part I'm stuck on for the next 4 hours. Anybody else play this game ever? More importantly, has anyone else ever beaten the game?
Advertisement
This sounds like a game that I would LOVE/HATE all at the same glorious time! :)

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I've played it. I got surprisingly far (that is - I was surprised [grin]). I think I got to the big green boss. I still have the save game somewhere. It used to crash a lot to add to the frustration.

Curse you - I'll probably end up torturing myself on it for another while!

There used to be a set of videos of someone completing it while recording it and his voice. It was one of the most hilarious things I had ever watched. He got so frustrated. I had a link but it appears that he has removed them since.
Holy crap that's hard
dude f*** that game. That is frustrating. I'm tempted to use a keylogger to record my movements then play them back so I don't have to walk through some of the levels.
I think I managed to make it to the last boss, but I never actually beat the game.
Good luck on Dracula (evil laugh)
I mean, why would you get your medical advice anywhere else?
Holy crap. I don't have the patience for that.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Great game, took me forever to beat. It's certainly frustrating at times, but MAN will you get a rewarding feeling once you finally finish it :)
"What are you trying to tell me? That I can write an O(N^2) recursive solution for a 2-dimensional knapsack?" "No, programmer. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to." -Adapted from "The Matrix"
Erm, I gave up when, in the start screen (where the guy stands on top of the building), there was an arrow selecting "Start Game", and I hit Enter, Space, clicked it with mouse, ..., and the game DIDN'T START! I finally gave up when while trying every key of the keyboard, it restarted the intro sequence, for which I couldn't wait anymore.

EDIT: I found it, it was "shift"! But now I gave up when I couldn't get any further than at the "Wuss" sign.

I wonder if I'll be drawn back to the game later yet again to try to get further, or not :p

[Edited by - Lode on January 22, 2009 3:35:03 PM]
A few things:

1. If you are XP/Vista/7 setting it to 98/ME compatibility fixed the crashes (for me anyways).

2. Don't play on medium and you won't get the 'wuss' save. It's baiting you to your death anyways. (Think about the level, but there are videos on youtube if you are truly stuck)

I saw someone play dracula. Amazing. The best boss really (except when the green guy spin smashes you to pieces :))

I'd say more but it'd spoil the fun. Part of the fun is watching yourself die in hilariously bloody ways.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement