Looking into getting a personal trainer, advise?

Started by
11 comments, last by Promit 15 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by 3dmodelerguy
Quote:Original post by Jesper T
Find a sport that you enjoy. Otherwise you'll just end up training vigorously for a few weeks and then quit out of boredom.

The only reason that I would quit is if I am not getting any results.

Then you have more persistance and determination than most people. But in any case I assume you would agree that it is better to have fun when you exercise than being bored, right? ;)

That reminds me of a study I read once which compared pure training compared to training via sports or games. In particular I remember that they compared interval running with playing soccer. And perhaps not surprisingly they found that the people playing the game got better trained than the interval runners even though the runners reported feeling more tired during the exercise than the soccer players during the game.
Advertisement
If you are not the kind of guy who really enjoys exercise for its own sake, I'd say a trainer could help as you are effectively forced to exercise rather than relying on your own motivation.
I'm in that category... I actually really dislike pure exercise as I find it boring and I am conscious of being hot and sweaty, which I really dislike. On the other hand playing sport, even really intensely, I can enjoy because I am distracted from the exercise part.
Not Richard Simmons.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement