You know you're a crappy programmer when...

Started by
116 comments, last by Mantrid 15 years, 1 month ago
You know you're a crappy programmer when you blog about knowing when you're a crappy programmer.
Advertisement
You need to change code in more then one places.
<SkilletAudio> Your framerate proves your lack of manhood
Quote:Original post by Tape_Worm
Quote:Original post by Daaark
when you defend your single language of choice like it was a person.

Heh. That reminds me of a thread I once saw somewhere...

You know you're a crappy programmer when you spend more time typing HTML to get a sentence of hyperlinks than you do typing code [wink]
In Soviet Russia, programmer eat crap.
while (tired) DrinkCoffee();
Quote:Original post by Zipster

You know you're a crappy programmer when you spend more time typing HTML to get a sentence of hyperlinks than you do typing code [wink]

You know you're a crappy programmer when you can't figure out copy and paste + tabbed browsing.[grin]

(Of course, it doesn't hurt that Promit's already done the legwork of gathering the aforementioned links in his journal :P).

You know you're a crappy programmer when you can't figure out copy and paste + tabbed browsing.[grin]

(Of course, it doesn't hurt that Promit's already done the legwork of gathering the aforementioned links in his journal :P).

You probably know how I was going to reply to that, but Promit would kill me [grin]

You probably know how I was going to reply to that, but Promit would kill me [grin]

Do not question the programming skills of the Promit, for he is subtle and quick to anger... [grin] Or something like that.
Yes, I meant GIMP. That's what I wrote. Let's not derail the thread. It's just broken in every way, shape, and form. It's an epic fail from a programming/design standpoint. Everything in it is broken and gets subpar results. I use multiple paint programs and GIMP is outclassed by them all. I just keep it around to use a few random filters (and then promptly paste the result back into my better paint programs).

what is problem with gimp anyway? Especially latest where dialogs stay on top even on windoze afaik...
Sure the menus are all "at wrong places" (if you're used to, uhm, pirated copy of photoshop), and sure competitor (uhm, pirated copy of photoshop) offers better at same price, but meh, some people dont pirate software. And it is more than sufficient for occasional photo manipulation. It would've had larger userbase than photoshop if not for piracy. Same goes for other opensource.

And no, gimp is not a paint program. Its a photo manipulation program, primarily. (it is usable as paint program however)

[Edited by - Dmytry on March 9, 2009 3:58:15 AM]
Quote:Original post by Dmytry
Yes, I meant GIMP. That's what I wrote. Let's not derail the thread. It's just broken in every way, shape, and form. It's an epic fail from a programming/design standpoint. Everything in it is broken and gets subpar results. I use multiple paint programs and GIMP is outclassed by them all. I just keep it around to use a few random filters (and then promptly paste the result back into my better paint programs).

what is problem with gimp anyway? Especially latest where dialogs stay on top even on windoze afaik...
Sure the menus are all "at wrong places" (if you're used to, uhm, pirated copy of photoshop), and sure competitor (uhm, pirated copy of photoshop) offers better at same price, but meh, some people dont pirate software. And it is more than sufficient for occasional photo manipulation. It would've had larger userbase than photoshop if not for piracy. Same goes for other opensource.

And no, gimp is not a paint program. Its a photo manipulation program, primarily.

Wait, I'm lost... How does piracy even enter this conversation? No one mentioned anything about piracy.
Quote:Again because I only just noticed this line:
It would've had larger userbase than photoshop if not for piracy. Same goes for other opensource.

Oh I see now... you're one of "those" people. Well then, I can play that game too: Did you know that the US government planned 9-11 and they're in talks with aliens to harvest our brains in exchange for oil? It's true. I read it on the intarwebs. I can't post evidence here because it's all very hush hush and they are watching me...

Back to reality: He doesn't like GIMP, get over it. Go make your own thread about GIMP-hate if you're wanting a silly argument.

Quote:Original post by owl regarding the GIMP comment
Alright. It's that I just not agree with you.

See? That's how you handle the situation with some class.
Quote:Original post by owl
when you are working on GIMP

You mean the GNU Image Manipulation Program? How is that?

I work with Gimp for years, I think it's an outstanding paint program today. I don't notice anything 'broken' , but it's software constantly being worked on, as open source programs are.

Quote:when you defend your single language of choice like it was a person.
Indeed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement