"Realistic" RTS idea, feedback appreciated

Started by
30 comments, last by DvDmanDT 15 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by Kest
In my opinion, the biggest problem with your design is that it's too much to worry about.

That just gave me an idea.

Imagine having a multiplayer-based RTS, where players can choose to have either supportive or offensive positions. For example, Bob chooses to be supportive, and joins a game lobby, where he meets Joe, an offensive player. When more people have joined and the game has started, Bob begins to gather resources (food, beds, etc.), while Joe tells him what he needs. This could possibly lead to a function where Joe can simply click a button or icon, a menu will pop up, and he can check off things he needs, sending an alert message of some sort to Bob. While Joe smashes his enemies' faces in and raids their bases, Bob can come in with vehicles, collect the resources, bring them back to base, and manage them (e.g., make weapons, beds, etc.).

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there.
Jack
Advertisement
This reminds me alot of Settlers 3/4. Not entirely, but there are similarities. Try them if you haven't already (NOTE: Settlers 1, 2, 5 and 6 are very different from 3 and 4).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement