ajax help

Started by
2 comments, last by agm_ultimatex 14 years, 12 months ago
Hi All, I wanna learn ajax .. but the point is that i know only c++ .. so i dont know exactly from where to start.. should i learn java first or straight search for some tutes on the net on ajax .. i absolutely have no idea what to do to get started .. Please guide .. Regards y2jsave
Advertisement
Java is unrelated to AJAX - the J in AJAX stands for Javascript, which is a completely different language to Java (they are in no way related except for the first 4 letters of their name).

I'd suggest going to w3schools.com and reading their &#106avascript and DHTML (i.e. HTML + &#106avascript) tutorials.<br><br>AJAX isn't a language, but a <i>technique</i> that you can employ within &#106avascript to update a HTML page without reloading the entire thing.<br><br>Once you're comfortable with HTML+&#106avascript, then you're ready to download <a href="http://www.prototypejs.org/api/ajax">prototype</a>, which will make AJAX dead simple to add in to your web pages.
On top of learning &#106avascript (and how it applies to DHTML), you'll also want to learn a server side language to get the full benefit of AJAX. PHP would probably be the fastest and easiest to get set up, but there is also ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, Java Servlets, Perl, and any number of other server side techniques you can employ with AJAX.
I suggest learning php, and picking up this book:

Bulletproof Ajax

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement