Cannot Compile OpenGL program with Dev C++

Started by
3 comments, last by phresnel 14 years, 11 months ago
i know this question has been discussed many times and i have gone through many posts in many forums for this but i still cannot get a simple opengl program to work with dev cpp (4.9.9.2) i have followed exact instructions given here: http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~liusheny/DevCppOpenGL.html initially i was getting the following error:
[Linker error] undefined reference to `glutInit'
after linking "-lopengl32 -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lwinmm -lgdi32" this to the linker from project options this error is no longer there but now i am getting the following error:
 C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [main.o] Error 1 
this is the compile log for the above error:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"   

g++.exe: main.cpp: No such file or directory
g++.exe: no input files

make.exe: *** [main.o] Error 1

Execution terminated
please help me out or at least someone point me in the right direction by giving any relevant links. thanks. [Edited by - vrd on May 13, 2009 2:47:46 AM]
Advertisement
Nitpick: You cannot compile OpenGL, it is an API.
edited. is it all right now?
First I have to point out that dev-cpp is pretty much dead as far as I can tell, the last time they updated their sourceforge page was in 2005. The version of gcc (the compiler) is equally as old and many things have been fixed/improved in the last 4 years.

I would go and download either visual studio 2008 express or code::blocks . Secondly if you don't know programming I would start with something easier than C++ (python, ruby and C# are some suggestions).

As for your error, it's pretty clear.
Quote:g++.exe: main.cpp: No such file or directory

It can't find the file named "main.cpp".
Quote:Original post by vrd
edited. is it all right now?

Indeed ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement