TI-84+ emulator?

Started by
1 comment, last by lmelior 14 years, 12 months ago
I was wondering if there are any free TI-84+ emulators available? I want something that I can test my z80 code on before I send it over to my calculator.
J.W.
Advertisement
List of emulators - just google, there are more
I was told that Virtual-TI is pretty good. I own a 83-Plus myself and a Voyage 200. From what I know the 84-Plus and the 83-Plus are pretty much the same (like most TI Calculators to be honest). The TI-84* still doesn't have any good emulators it seems so you should try emulating a 83-Plus which is emulated by far better (hell, its even emulated on the PSP and the DS ;) ) and hope that the app works on your 84-Plus too.
Quote:Original post by J-Fox
From what I know the 84-Plus and the 83-Plus are pretty much the same (like most TI Calculators to be honest).
Since you have the Voyager 200 you should know that's not entirely accurate. The TI-8* series are almost all the same, except the TI-89 which packs the Computer Algebra System of the TI-92/Voyager 200 in the form factor of the TI-8* series. So basically the TI-89 beats the tar out of the others. It's interesting, the people who run the ACT test have now banned it for that test (even though I used it many years ago), though the College Board hasn't done so for the SAT yet.

Anyway, the TI-84+ is pretty much the TI-83+ with a faster processor, more memory, and a USB port. If I'm not mistaken, TI-83+ files work on TI-84+ as-is. If you must have the TI-84+ though, there is the open source TI Linux Emulator (abbr. TiLEm - latest Windows version here). It appears to have been abandoned for a couple years now, however. You'll also need the ROM image from your calculator to use it, probably using TILP-II.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement