strange visual studio behavior

Started by
3 comments, last by Red Ant 14 years, 11 months ago
hey :) i got a problem i never had with vs 2005. I build my project as always and then i start it. Ok everything fine. Now i exit the application and build again (Strg + F5). Now it starts to compile again some files. They are around 25 and it always compiles them. This sux hard cos now every build takes 2 minutes. This even happens if i start program, exit, edit some ini and start it again. normally it always just started the program but now it starts compiling files i never ever changed. i also build a new project and put the files in, but there is does exactly the same thing only with different files. i have absolutely no idea what is going on here. anybody has a idea?:D thank you
Advertisement
Check your computer's date, and the date on the files.
Does your project contain any files that get processed by anything other than the C++ compiler? Any build targets where you have to explicitly specify the output files?
i have a .h .cpp file. its date is 01.06.2009 19:34 so thats the current date.

my computer date is 1.06.2009 19:34. i just recompiled only this .h and .cpp.

now i click build and i do nothing else with this file no build orders nothing its just a standard created .h/.cpp file.

and when i click build it rebuilds this file again and in next build again and again and again ...

i have no idea why thats happening, and its only doing it with some files not all
When Visual Studio checks those build targets' dependencies, SOMETHING must make it think that they need rebuilding.

some possible causes:

* the cpps in question #include some files that get generated automatically during each build run
* the cpps in question are wrongly associated with some output files that don't actually get created when these cpps are compiled

Can you post the content of your .vcproj file? It's just standard XML.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement