SDL_Gfx problems

Started by
1 comment, last by Ymvk 14 years, 10 months ago
Well im new as u can tell but the problem is that I CAN NOT install SDL_GFX ( yea nooby ) but yea im running windows and i have read the install file : The simplest way to compile this package is: 1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. Running `configure' might take a while. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for. 2. Type `make' to compile the package. 3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package. 4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation. 5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution. 6. Often, you can also type `make uninstall' to remove the installed files again. But i dont know what exactly it means like What is go to 'CD' And type stuff where Maybe im completely missing the point but i need help to install this ( Making a game :) )
Advertisement
The file is referring to the command prompt, which is CMD.exe on windows. You can begin one by going to Start->Run and typing "cmd". Then at the prompt you can type whatever commands you wish.

However, I won't suggest you do that because you may not have make installed and even if you do it probably isn't configured to run outside your IDE.

What IDE are you using? SDL_gfx has a subfolder "VisualC" which should be able to build the libraries if that is your IDE. Some other windows IDEs can import VisualC project files (although I have no idea if it will succeed).
Im using Dev c++
And what is the easiest way of installing it if u can list it out i would be very grateful:P thx :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement