fullscreen

Started by
4 comments, last by Erik Rufelt 14 years, 9 months ago
hi guys i was just wondering how i could change my program from windowed to fullscreen.

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

Advertisement
Which version of DirectX are you using?
directx 10 sorry

I know that the IDXGISwapChain catches the alt enter combo to go fullscreen but i want to change it so that it is another button.

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

Use the IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState function.
i still haven't figured it out

right now i have the DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC function in my code and that decides whether the application is fullscreen or not but i was wondering how i could make it so that sd.Windowed equals a bool value?

if i can get it to equal a bool value then it will just be a case of inputing a certain key to toggle it on and off :D

Call SetFullscreenState to switch to fullscreen. Call GetFullscreenState to check if you're in fullscreen.
DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC.Windowed is a BOOL value, it is only used when you create your swap chain, not when you change between fullscreen and not fullscreen on an already existing swap chain. You should always create your swap chain with Windowed set to TRUE, and then change to fullscreen with SetFullscreenState, as stated in the remarks in the documentation for IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement