Depth Peeling in DX9

Started by
2 comments, last by MJP 14 years, 8 months ago
Greetings, Can someone please give me directions on how I can implement depth peeling (multiple transparent layers) in DX9? Thanks, Albert
Advertisement
Use the "search" box in the upper right-hand corner to search gamedev for "depth peeling." There's over 400 hits. If you google for "depth peeling" you'll get over 740,000 hits. You might want to take a look at some of those articles and discussions.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Thanks for the response, but I have already "googled" or searched that. Majority of those are related to OpenGL and I wanted to see if I can find an efficient implementation of Depth Peeling technique specifically for DX9. I have also looked into "Multi-Layer Depth Peeling via Fragment Sort" at http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/70307/tr-2006-81.pdf but I wanted to see if a DX9 implementation for that exist or not.

Thanks again,
Mani

I'm pretty sure that Microsoft paper targeted DX9.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement