save a wav file with special parameters

Started by
0 comments, last by yjbrown 14 years, 7 months ago
hi, all I need to load a wav file and save it with special parameters,e.g. FormatType:PCM, SampleRate:11.025Hz, Mono, 8bit. So, Any audio library available for this? Cross-platform, opensource, freeware library is prefered. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
"I need to load a wav file and save it with special parameters,e.g. FormatType:PCM, SampleRate:11.025Hz, Mono, 8bit."

Any sound editor for example like http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ can save files out in those formats. You may need to process them first - change the sample rate (48khz, 22khz, 11khz .. etc), change the bit depth (24bit, 16bit, 8bit) and change the channels (stereo/mono)

What does it mean to down sample a 44khz file to 22khz or 11khz - what quality loss are you going to get - what happens when you convert 16bit to 8bit? You can easily convert files to those formats, but there will be audible quality deterioration - and a good sound person should know how to best combat those so that the files sound as good as they can at that sample rate and bit depth.

Digital Audio Theory is the NO 1 fundamental expected knowledge of any game audio professional. You really need to have a grip on this stuff. I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but you won't get very far in the industry without this knowledge. Just Google Digital Audio Theory - perhaps invest in a good book too.
Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement