What level are you?

Started by
73 comments, last by Sickilla 22 years, 8 months ago
I am a level 43 Eldermage.
Advertisement
sure, I''m level1 and level 3 at once,
- level 1 ''cause I''ve made an ass-kicking 2D Nibbles-like called
''cyber snake'',
- level 3 because I''m making some cool 3D demos of pyramids rotating and moving over planes with Directx 8 (soon on my site). I can say that I''m in the right way for 3D programming, maybe my 4 years of experience as an amateur 3D-artist are making the job easier.

well, sorry for the inconvenience of ''level 1 and 3 at once'',
and I invite you to recover my 2D game and my huge 3D gallery at my site http://aminouch.tripod.com

long life to gamedev
sure, I''m level1 and level 3 at once,
- level 1 ''cause I''ve made an ass-kicking 2D Nibbles-like called
''cyber snake'',
- level 3 because I''m making some cool 3D demos of pyramids rotating and moving over planes with Directx 8 (soon on my site). I can say that I''m in the right way for 3D programming, maybe my 4 years of experience as an amateur 3D-artist are making the job easier.

well, sorry for the inconvenience of ''level 1 and 3 at once'',
and I invite you to recover my 2D game and my huge 3D gallery at my site http://aminouch.tripod.com

long life to gamedev
Does a 3d Leveleditor count as a Game?

I''m probably somewhere around Stage 4.... (COTC rating!)... Hopefully soon Level 4-5 :o))))))))

cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
i think i''m in level 3 & coming up to level 4, i''m now creating my own 3d engine using Direct3D, i hope i can finish it in couple months.
Level 5/6

2D/3D multi-platform Engine Programming
Multiplayer Programming
All-Input Programming
Sound Programming
Organic-Based Artificial Intelligence Design
and coding.
viral attacking
hacking
cracking
trainer coding
operating system design and coding
oracle databases
graphics tools veteran (3d max, maya photoshop
inferno, caustics, softimage...)

no bragging.

[eof transmission]
LV426 - 11.29.3294

Hugo Ferreira
UniteK Future
I''d consider myself a level 2. I meet the knowledge requirements set by the thread''s creator (ability to make a side-scroller and/or tile-based RPG), but I have no completed games under my belt, just a half-completed one, a barely started one and a bunch of projects I''ve dropped.

-Goku
SANE Productions Homepage
Heck, I''m still trying to figure out why 3D is required to make a commercial game.

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

Ah...I''d probably count as somewhere between 2 and 3. I haven''t had any real games released... although I figure I''ve got the same number of failed/skipped projects as anyone else, and right now I''m working on a sound engine for a Subspace clone-y game. So that''s the part that I''m going to say is pushing me to level 3.

Oh yeah, and the .sig of course..
--

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
Lead Designer
WolfHeart Software
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
I guess based on those classifications, I''m level 3.5. I''ve been doing software 3D programming for about 3 years, and Direct3D for about 2 years. I can write a simple 3D game using D3D, but there still plenty I have to learn to be able to do a decent game.

I still need to learn proper collision detection, learn more about animation, and put together a nice portal engine before I could create what you would call a real ''game''. At the moment I''m working on a quadtree based terrain engine.

The only game I have finished is my Aqua Breakout, which is breakout in 3D with a watery theme (I''ve also done a winter theme version).

See my website for details - http://www.sbdev.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement