[web] How do you use the Flex Compilers

Started by
5 comments, last by ScottH87 14 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm a complete and utter newbie when it comes to flash game programming and I'm struggling a bit with the first step. I downloaded the Flex SDK and I'm now trying to use the compilers in it to compile a very simple mxml file. The problem is I don't know how. All the tutorials I've seen tell you to navigate to the directory that the file is in and use the command mxmlc main.mxml. When i do this i get the message:- "'mxmlc' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Can anyone shed some light on where I'm going wrong? Thanks
Advertisement
In the flex SDK there should be a 'bin' folder, you should add that folder to your system's PATH. Check out this tutorial I wrote a while ago.
Ok i added the folder to the systems PATH and I'm still getting the same message
Make sure to close any console windows you have, and open a new one after making that change. The existing console windows will still be using the old PATH.
I went one better and restarted my PC, and I'm still getting the same message
Open up a Command Prompt, type "SET", and tell us what you see on the line that begins "Path=".
Ok it was my mistake, I made a spelling mistake in the path name and only realised it while I was writing it out.

Thanks for all your help guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement