[Win32] BS_GROUPBOX

Started by
0 comments, last by Buckeye 14 years, 6 months ago
I Can't get the "default" looks of my groupbox Groupbox that looks like this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/214553/how-do-you-place-sub-controls-inside-a-group-box My code is the same for creating the groupbox but all I get is the title text no thin border. And I have a generic manifest file so I can use CommonControls v6.0, and that works because I can create a progressbar with PBS_MARQUEE style that AFAIK is only supported in Common controls v6.0 (or later I assume) I'm compiling with mingw32 using Code Blocks IDE. EDIT: I get the border if I disable windows XP's default theme and use classic theme. [Edited by - McZ on October 16, 2009 1:56:09 AM]
Advertisement
Quote:My code is the same for creating the groupbox but all I get is the title text no thin border.

In the article you referenced, one of the responses noted that group boxes are not intended to be the parent window for any controls.

Are you creating any controls for which you set the groupbox as the parent? If so, does the problem go away if you set the dialog window as the parent, rather than the groupbox?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement