Flight Simulator Project: Help and Ideas Appreciated

Started by
1 comment, last by phresnel 14 years, 6 months ago
Hello Everyone: I know this is the first hour I've joined, but I have already read most of the "How to Post" threads and the like. (I've watched this place for a while.) Anyway I am currently planning a Flight Simulator with a relatively new language called FreeBASIC. I am planning to wrap Delta3D (or Irrlicht) into the project. Goals:
  • To create a graphically appealing Flight Simulator that will run on lower end hardware such as 1ghz processor with hardware acceleration.
  • To have a realistic flight model.
  • A network play system, either through Direct Serial or a LAN. (Probably not over the internet, as this costs money.)
  • A fully interactive Air traffic control system. (This may include speech recognition with the Microsoft SAPI and TurboPower Async Professional. This, however, is a future feature.)
  • Dynamic Weather Generation, if possible.
This is going to be a free flight simulator. I would also like everyone to know ahead of time that I won't be spending a lot of money on professional tools. Also anyone who would like to help will not receive monetary compensation for their work. (But they'll get in the credits of course.) If you would like to help, I could use programmers (FreeBASIC), 3D Modelers, Texture Artists, and such. You don't need a lot of experience, just that you want to help, learn, and above all, have fun. Reply to this post if interested.
Advertisement
I decided to move this over to the Help Wanted thread. Sorry to double post.
Then maybe delete the other thread?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement