what do you guys think?

Started by
2 comments, last by mirrored 14 years, 4 months ago
hey guys, anyone wanna take a look at my showreel and my website and let me know what you think? http://www.howardwhiddett.co.uk i thought this place would be just full of game devs and composers advertising but it's good to see threads with 'composer communication'! + support and advice from pro's. howard
Advertisement
Just checked out your reel, very impressive!
You have a very distinct sound - and not like the multitude of other demo-reels out there.

One of the problems I have found with demo-reels is everyone is composing the same sounding music, and after a while there seems to be a complete lack of personality and individualism and the demo reels just start becoming a big grey mass with no color.

I salute you for being different!

Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com
Yjbrown - you are right, but there is also the other side. While I enjoyed the difference in Howard's reel, it also lacked some "WOW!" factor. It just went and immediately after watching/hearing the reel I forgot what it was all about. IMHO it needs more diversity and punch, even if that means to have some portions of the "big grey mass without colour" you mention.

Cheers,
Michal
-----------------------------Michal CieleckiComposer for Games and Mediawww.michalcielecki.com contact_mcielecki@wp.pl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement